Sunday 2 August 2009

Peaches anyone?


The next round of Fibreholics boxes will be released on September 1st. All the contributors are busily making up their samples!

The contribution from Sheepshape Spinning will be all fibre this time. It's mostly Bluefaced Leicester, which is a lovely smooth fibre for spinning. Here's the fibre that I dyed today - click on the photo for a larger version. It spent a long time drying in the garden, thanks to the clouds today.

I dyed this fibre with orange acid dye but it came out a lot lighter than I had planned! I like the final shade though; it reminds me of ripe peaches. There will be four or five of these in the September fibre boxes. I'll also be sending in some blue/red BFL, some blue/white BFL and a couple of red/blue oatmeal shetland samples, if I remember correctly.

In the next few weeks you may see some changes to the blog and the box sale website. We're working behind the scenes to make things easier and more informative to you! Please feel free to make suggestions about what you'd like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment